The Rockstar Game Launcher error code 7002.1 might appear in either GTA 5 or Red Dead Redemption 2 from Rockstar Games. Although these are the two games where users are most likely to encounter the problem, it can occur in any Rockstar game. There is a slew of factors that can contribute to the mistake. As a result, we’ll have to attempt a variety of things to fix the problem and get you back into the game.
In the Rockstar Games Launcher, there are two variations of this problem code. The following is an example of an error message:
1. Error during game launch Please try again later. Code: 7002.1
2. Unable to launch “Red Dead Redemption 2”. No compatible sound card was detected. Please check your sound card and drivers. If you continue to have problems playing the game, please contact Rockstar Games Customer Service at https://support.rockstargames.com. Code: 7002.1
Fix Rockstar Game Launcher & No Compatible Sound Card Error Code 7002.1
Fix 1: Give Rockstar Launcher admin permissions and start the game.
You must now grant the launcher and game admin permissions if you have not already done so. Games that do not have admin privilege do not have complete permissions to edit directories or execute certain key actions, which can result in issues. The procedure for granting admin permission is simple. Right-click the program’s desktop shortcut and select Properties from the drop-down menu. Check the compatibility box under the Compatibility tab. As an administrator, run this software.
Fix 2: Restart the computer and turn off all unnecessary programmes.
An application operating in the background frequently interferes with the game’s functioning and causes issues. This appears to be the situation with error code 7002.1 in the Rockstar Game Launcher. As a result, a clean boot is required. Follow the instructions outlined below.
- Using Windows Key + R, type msconfig and press Enter.
- Check the box under Services. All Microsoft services should be hidden.
- Disable all by clicking the button.
- Select the Startup tab.
- Click the blue Open Task Manager link.
- Right-click each programme in Task Manager’s Startup tab and select Disable.
- Close any open windows and reboot your computer.
- GTA 5, or Red Dead Redemption 2, issue number 7002.1 should not occur when you launch the game.
Fix 3: On Ransomware Protection Windows, add an exclusion for Rockstarlauncher.exe.
Ransomware Protection is an application that guards your system’s files and folders against ransomware attacks. The program keeps a close eye on the programs you have installed and running on your computer. As a result, it’s possible that it’s restricting access to Rockstar servers owing to a file signature issue. Allow gta5.exe or rdr2.exe through the Ransomware protection to fix the problem. The steps are as follows.
- Select Update & Security by pressing Windows Key + I.
- From the right panel, select Windows Security.
- Select Virus and Threat Protection from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down and choose Manage ransomware protection under Ransomware protection.
- Allow an app through Controlled folder access by clicking the Allow an app through Controlled folder access link.
- When prompted, choose Yes.
- Select Add an approved app from the drop-down menu.
- Select Apps that have been recently prohibited. (You can either verify if Rockstarlauncher.exe or the game executable, such as gta5.exe or rdr2.exe, is among the list and click the plus sign next to the game, or you can go to the next step.)
- Select Browse all apps from the drop-down menu.
- Either exe or rdr2.exe should be found and selected.
Fix 4: Reinstall the game or double-check the files
The Rockstar Game Launcher error code 7002.1 with GTA 5 and RDR 2 can occur if you are running a different version of the game than the one on the server, or if you have not updated the game in a long time.
When the game files are corrupted, the error can also occur. The solution is simple: use the Rockstar Games Launcher to update the game. You may also use the launcher to check for and correct corrupt files. So, see if you can fix the game.
Fix 5: For Users with Error 7002.1 and Sound Card Issues
There are two types of error messages that come with the error number 7002.1, in case you weren’t aware. “Game launcher error,” says the first. Please come back later and try again. “Unable to launch Red Dead Redemption 2” and “Code: 7002.1.” There was no sound card that was suitable. If you still have issues playing the game, please contact Rockstar Games Customer Service at https://support.rockstargames.com. Code: 7002.1. “
While studying the problem, we came across a post for those who have the error message with the sound card message. Several users on Reddit confirmed that the suggested workaround worked for them. A screenshot of the solution is shown below.
Fix 6: Restart the game.
When you get an error message, a typical person would go to forums and Google to look for answers, but don’t give up and relaunch the game. Restart the game as soon as you click the X button to exit the error. It may be necessary to make repeated efforts at certain times. If that doesn’t work, restart the computer and try again. Many users on numerous sites have confirmed that the problem codes 149 and 7002.1 can be resolved after multiple tries at playing the game. The user had to repeat the process 20 times before the game began to work.
We hope the solutions for both ROCKSTAR Games have remedied your issue. If you know of a better approach, please share it in the comments section.
People Also Search
If the Rockstar Games Launcher isn’t working for you, try running it in compatibility mode with administrator rights. If it doesn’t work, try updating your graphics drivers, clearing the DNS cache, turning off your firewall and antivirus, doing a clean boot, or reinstalling the launcher.
Verify the integrity of game files, reinstall the Social Club application, update your graphics and sound drivers, or reinstall the game if the Rockstar Games Launcher isn’t working with GTA 5.