Grand Theft Auto V (GTA 5) is a well-known action-adventure video game created by Rockstar Games. It is the fifteenth instalment in the Grand Theft Auto series and the seventh main title. It’s available on practically every gaming platform, and the GTA series has its own fan base. Meanwhile, some unlucky users are having problems with GTA 5 crashing on their PC when they try to run the game.
If you’re having difficulty with the game, be sure you follow this troubleshooting guide to get it fixed. Apart from the GTA 5 Online game crashing, the ordinary edition of the game appears to be experiencing the same issue on the PC. There could be a number of causes for the start-up crashing problem, all of which can be identified and resolved fully by using the remedies offered below. Let’s get started without wasting any more time.
Why Does Grand Theft Auto 5(GTA 5) Keep Crashing?
Sometimes The start-up crashing issue with PC games appears to be caused by game compatibility issues or old game versions, obsolete graphics drivers, superfluous background running processes, starting programme issues, and so on. Meanwhile, the game’s start-up crashing issue could be caused by an out-of-date game client, an out-of-date Windows version, an out-of-date DirectX version, or issues with the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables, among other things.
In some cases, an overclocked CPU/GPU, trouble with the overlay programmes, antivirus programme issues, and other factors may prevent the game from starting on the Windows PC at all. Fortunately, this isn’t a server-side or in-game issue that developers must address. To fix the start-up crashing issue on your PC, you can try each of the options listed below one by one.
How do you get GTA 5 to stop crashing on Epic Games?
Many distinct things can cause GTA 5 crashes. If your GTA 5 keeps crashing after launching from Epic Games, you’ll need to troubleshoot the problem and figure out what’s causing it.
The procedures and solutions for troubleshooting are listed below:
Steps 1. Make sure your PC is capable of running GTA 5.
Before you install a game, you should check to see if your computer is capable of running it. Even if a game instals without a hitch, your PC may not be able to run it at the level of quality you expect. Year after year, games evolve, and if your hardware is old, it may not be able to keep up, or may experience issues such as crashes, lag, or freezes. This is the primary reason why developers and publishers provide system requirements, both minimal and recommended.
The GTA 5 Epic Games version’s specifications are listed below.
GTA 5’s minimum system requirements
- Windows 10 64-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, Windows 8 64-bit, and Windows 7 64-bit Service Pack 1 are the operating systems.
- AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs) @ 2.5GHz / Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs)
- 4 GB RAM
- NVIDIA 9800 GT / AMD HD 4870 / NVIDIA 9800 GT / AMD HD 4870 / NVIDIA 9800 GT / NVIDIA 9800 GT (DX 10, 10.1, 11)
System requirements for GTA 5 are as follows:
- Operating Systems: Windows 10 64-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, Windows 8 64-bit, and Windows 7 64-bit Service Pack 1
- AMD X8 FX-8350 At 4GHz / Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.2GHz (4 CPUs) (8 CPUs)
- 8 GB RAM
- GPU: AMD HD 7870 2GB / NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB
Steps 2. Third-party apps should be disabled.
Limit the number of programmes or apps operating in the background to avoid crashes. Some programmes may be using resources that the system need to execute the game properly. Closing these other apps can help prevent crashes on older systems that only fulfil the bare minimum of system requirements.
Steps 3. Reduce the Graphics Quality of PC.
If your system is having trouble playing GTA 5, or if it keeps crashing on you, try lowering the graphics settings to see if it improves performance or eliminates crashes. This is a common issue for individuals playing GTA 5 on an older PC.
Steps 4. Install the current driver updates.
Drivers are essential pieces of software that allow your Windows operating system to communicate with your hardware. If your drivers are old or corrupted, your PC may have issues rendering a game, for example. If you’re having problems with GTA 5, such as crashing, black screens, or freezing, it’s conceivable that you simply need to upgrade your graphics drivers.
You can either update your drivers manually or have them installed automatically using special software.
Here’s how you can manually check for updates:
- Right-click the Start button in the lower left corner of the screen.
- Select Device Manager from the menu. You can also use the Control Panel to get to Device Manager.
- Select Display Adapters from the drop-down menu.
- Then, under the Display Adapters category, right-click the adapter.
- Update Driver is the option to choose. Allow a few minutes for the process to finish. When you’ve finished, the performance of the games on your Windows PC should increase as well.
Steps 5. Remove GTA 5 and reinstall.
If GTA 5 continues to crash after you’ve restored or validated the game files, you can try deleting and reinstalling it. This may work if the problem is caused by a bug deep within the software.
Steps 6. GTA 5 has been updated.
If you haven’t updated your GTA 5 game in a while, be sure to check for updates and install the current patch by following the procedures below (if available). To do so, follow these steps:
To use with Steam:
- Launch the Steam client Navigate to Library > From the left pane, select GTA 5.
- It’ll look for the latest update automatically. If an update is available, make sure to select Update.
- The update may take some time to install. Once completed, make sure you exit the Steam client.
- Finally, reboot your computer to have the changes take effect, and then try starting the game again.
For Epic Games Launcher, go to http://www.epicgames.com/
- Click on ‘Settings’ in the Epic Games Launcher.
- Make sure the checkbox next to ‘Allow Auto-Updates’ is checked in the Manage Games section.
- Expand the menu for each game for which you want automatic updates to be enabled.
- Make sure the ‘Auto-update’ box is checked in the games.
- To refresh the system, exit the launcher and reopen it.
- Finally, you should be able to update GTA V on your computer.
Steps 7. Game Files Should Be Verified and Repaired.
If there is a problem with the game files and they become corrupted or missing, use this method to quickly diagnose the problem.
To use with Steam:
- Start Steam > Select Library.
- GTA 5 may be found in the list of installed games by right-clicking it.
- Go to Local Files by clicking Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Select Verify Integrity of Game Files from the drop-down menu.
- You’ll have to wait till the procedure is finished.
- Simply restart your computer once you’ve finished.
For Epic Games Launcher,
- Activate the Epic Games Launcher. Visit your local library.
- Next to GTA V, click the three-dot icon.
- Wait for the fixing process to finish before clicking Verify.
- Restart the computer to apply the changes.
The advice above covers all of the options for resolving the GTA 5 Crashing problem. We’ve also discussed all of the likely causes of this problem.
We hope that by following the upper given method, your GTA 5 Crashing issue has been resolved; stay tuned for more gaming guides.