PlayStation 4(PS4) is the one of the amazing devices to play online games, It was released in 2013. If you were one of the customers who purchased it soon when it was released, then it has undoubtedly been a while. Electronic devices like smartphones, laptops, and gaming consoles are known to develop several problems as they get older. Common issues with the PS4 include slow processing, lag, unresponsiveness, game crashes, and more. There must be some problems with your PS4. if you are reading this article. The console can be easily factory reset to solve such issues, which is one of the best solutions. To effectively reset your console, we have covered all the necessary procedures in this guide on how to factory reset a PS4.
To perform a factory reset, you need to have two key elements. The first is separating the PlayStation 4 from the PSN account. The actual factory reset is the second step. If the user intends to keep the console, it is advised to perform the factory reset. It is advised to carry out both if you intend to sell or give the console away.
Disconnect the PSN Account.
Open “Settings” by navigating there.
Go there and choose “Account Management”
“Activate as Your Primary PS4” should be chosen.
Choose “Yes” to confirm.
Once finished, click “OK.”
Similar to turning off the “find my device” feature on a phone and logging out of any accounts connected to it, deactivating the PSN account on the PS4 entails doing the same. This step should also be taken if buying a used PlayStation 4, as the previous owner or reseller might not have done it.
Know: Before Factory Resetting PS4.
If you’ve ever performed a factory reset on one of your devices, you are known that the whole data are entirely removed. The same is happening when you reset the PS4; all your installed apps, images, videos, and settings are erased from its whole hard drive. Therefore, it is advised that you back up all your crucial data before you reset.
How to Factory Reset PS4? Useful Methods.
In this post, we’ll show you how to factory reset your PS4 in two of the most popular ways. The PS4 menu offers the first method, and the safe mode selection offers the second. Whichever option you select, the outcome will be the same.
If there are any problems with the console, we advise you to wait until all other options have been exhausted before attempting to reset your PS4. When you’re ready, you can follow the instructions for How to Factory Reset PS4 to do so.
How to Reset the Factory Settings on PS4?
You will learn how to factory reset the PS4 through the settings in this part. Simply follow the instructions, and your PS4 will be entirely reset by the time you reach the last step.
- Ensure that your PS4 account is active and logged in.
- Navigate to the Settings menu while still on the main home screen.
- You can find an option for account management in the settings. Click it.
- Please select Yes to confirm deactivating this PS4 console as your primary console.
- Restart your console now; you will need to login in again.
- Go to Settings after logging in, then slide down to Initialization, and then click it.
- You will discover three options after you enter the Initialization setting; make sure to select the final one that reads “Initialize PS4”.
- You will now have a choice between two options. Make certain to select Full
- It can take a long to complete, probably a few hours.
- When it’s done, you’ll need to go through the same basic setup steps you did when you first purchased it.
How to use Safe Mode to Factory Reset the PS4?
There is a chance that you won’t be able to enter the settings because of a problem, in which case the procedure described above won’t work. The safe mode is the sole option in such a situation. Let’s go over each step needed for this technique.
- Therefore, the first step is to ensure that your PlayStation 4 is turned off.
- Now you will hear two beeps if you hold down the power button for roughly 8 seconds.
- You have now booted into Safe mode, as indicated by the second beep.
- There are many options available to you in safe mode, including Initialize PS4
- To start the PS4 reset, select the option, and adhere to the on-screen directions.
The factory reset may take several hours to complete, much like the procedure described above. Wait till the procedure is finished. Once it is finished, you must go through the basic setup before using the console.
Two of the most popular methods for factory resetting a PS4 were shown in the tutorial. Once you have completed all the processes, both methods are simple to use. The manual also discusses the results of factory reset your PS4.