It seems that some Apex Legends players are getting error code 100 on PlayStation 4 and Switch consoles. Now, if you think this is happening on your side, you will be relieved that the particular problem probably happened on the server-side. So if you are also one of the affected gamers and want to fix this problem quickly, then check out the possible workarounds below.
First of all, it should be mentioned that most online multiplayer games have many problems and the server issue is one of them. Also, internet connection, any VPN service, router cache, etc. There could be another reason behind the error code 100 for the Apex Legends game. So what is the solution? Well, let’s take a look.
How to Fix Apex Legends Error Code 100 in PS4
- Be sure to visit the Apex Legends Twitter account to check for the latest updates or information about the game’s server status or any other topical issues.
- Also, make sure to log in to the EA account and choose the option to log in using PSN to get the problem resolved easily.
- In addition, you will need to restart your PS4 console as well as the Wi-Fi router.
- During this time, you can also restart your Wi-Fi router to fix the temporary issue on the router. To do this, press the power button on your router and turn it off completely> Next, unplug the power cable from the router and the power source. > Wait at least 30 seconds, then reconnect the power cable and switch on the router.
- You can simply visit the PSN Service Status page to check the status of PlayStation Network servers. Now if there is any problem with the server then you should wait.
- You should also check PS4 network settings by following the steps below:
- Turn on your PS4 console > Go to Main Dashboard.
- Go to Settings > Select Network > Select Configure Internet Connection.
- Choose Wi-Fi or LAN cable depending on your Internet connection.
- Select Custom > Automatic – IP Address Settings.
- Choose Do Not Specify – DHCP Hostname.
- Choose Manual – DNS Settings > Enter 18.104.22.168 – Primary DNS > 22.214.171.124 – Enter Secondary DNS.
- Select OK > Go to next option > Select Do not use – MTU & proxy server settings.
- Once done, restart your PS4 console and try to play the Apex Legends game.
Fix Apex Legends Error Code 100 in Switch
If, in this case, you haven’t updated your Nintendo Switch console’s firmware for a while, be sure to check for a firmware update as well. Once you have done everything, you can move on to the possible solutions below.
1. Set the correct time and date
It’s possible that your Nintendo Switch console is somehow operating on the wrong date and time format, which is preventing you from accessing or connecting to a game server. Make sure to check the time and date correctly and manually set the time/date correctly if there are any issues. To do this:
- Go to Console Settings > Check if the time and date are set incorrectly.
- If so, edit manually and save the time and date to its correct value.
2- Check Nintendo Service Status and EA Server Status
There is also a good chance that the Nintendo service or EA server is experiencing connectivity issues or downtime at this time. As a result, most gamers may experience a lot of connectivity issues with online games, multiple errors, lag, infinite loading, etc. It is best to check the status of the server or service before drawing conclusions.
- You can check the Nintendo Service Status page first to make sure nothing is bothering you on their part.
- Second, be sure to check the EA Server Status page to confirm that the EA Server connectivity issue is occurring on your end.
3. Change EA Account Password
- Now go to Other Settings > Select “Services authorized to receive information from this account” tab.
- Revoke permissions from EA, then try to sign in to your account again.
- If so, the problem remains the same, you should try changing your EA account password to try again.
- Finally, you will be able to fix Apex Legends Switch error code 100. Totally unable to connect.
4. Create a New EA Account
Note: If you haven’t made a lot of progress in Apex Legends, you can use this method. Otherwise, all your progress will be in vain and you will have to start the gameplay all over again.
So if the above method doesn’t work for you, try to follow the steps below to create a new EA account. To do this:
- Be sure to create a new email account first > Create a new local Nintendo Account on your console as well.
- Now you’ll also need to create a new Nintendo Account for the Nintendo website.
- Obviously, you have to link these two accounts.
- Once linked you can create a new EA (Electronic Arts) account > Be sure to set your age to be over 18 years old.
- Next, select the newly created Nintendo Account on the Switch and then use the newly created EA account to log into Apex Legends.
- Basically, your system will detect that you are using a new EA account with a new Nintendo Account. So, that should make it easy for you to log into the game.
- you have completed Enjoy it!
That’s it, friends. We believe that this guide has been helpful to you. For more questions, feel free to ask in the comments below.