The Xbox app on Windows 10 lets you do a lot of things on Windows, especially if you have a console. I like to play it on my PC when I’m lazy enough to get into the console. But then, if you are having trouble logging into the Xbox app, no fun. The reasons are many and here we show how you can fix the problem regarding the connection to the Xbox app. click here for Fix Login Problems to the Xbox
Fix Login Problems to the Xbox App
If you are unable to sign in to your Xbox account, there can be several reasons. So it depends on what kind of problem you are facing. Here are some common scenarios and their solutions-
- Login Issues
- Clear application cache
- Restart Xbox services
- Set the time to change automatically
- Delete a Microsoft account.
Any method you follow will not let your Microsoft account or Gamertag details disappear. They are stored in the cloud and are safe there.
1] Login Problem
This is the first check you need to make. If you have recently changed your password, it may prevent you from signing on to the Xbox app. I am sure if this is a password problem, you will be prompted to do so. So the only option you have is to enter the correct password or reset it if you have forgotten it.
2] Clear the Application Cache
If you do not get a clear message and it is just blocked, then you have to clear the app cache. There are two ways of doing this. In both cases, you will have to reconnect.
3] Restart Xbox Services
Like any other application, Xbox runs its own set of services. If it is a simple problem, it can be solved by restarting the services once.
- Type services.msc in the run prompt, then press the Enter key
- There are four services right now, which you can choose to resume.
- Xbox Accessory Management Services
- Xbox Live Authentication Manager
- Xbox live game backup
- Xbox Live Networking Service.
- Right-click one of them, then choose Restart.
4] Schedule Change Time Yourself
If you have, or if the software has manually changed the time setting, and it works late, you will not be able to use the Xbox app and many other apps.
- Click the Start button> Settings> Time and Language.
- Under Date and Time, make sure the set time is automatically enabled.
- You can also activate the time zone to set automatically. If you have moved to an area, this may be the cause of the problem.
5] Delete Microsoft Account
The last option is to remove the account associated with Xbox from Windows 10. It is possible to use multiple Microsoft accounts, and if you use another, that’s fine. If it is the only account, you cannot delete it until you convert it to a local account and then make it a Microsoft account.
If you are using two accounts, do the following:
- Go to Settings> Accounts
- Find the Microsoft account you signed in to the Xbox app and choose delete.
- Then launch the Xbox app and sign in with the Microsoft account you just deleted.
We hope that troubleshooting tips helped you solve problems connecting to the Xbox app. If you have an Xbox error code, be sure to use it as a reference when seeking advice. However, these suggestions are best for solving common problems.