This post will assist you in resolving the problem if the Battlefield 4 game on your Windows 11/10 PC won’t launch, load, or function. Unquestionably, one of the most well-known first-person shooter games is Battlefield. But many Battlefields 5 players have mentioned having trouble getting the game to launch. This guide is for you if you are one of the people that can launch and play Battlefield 4 on your Windows PC. Here, we’ll provide numerous fixes that can assist you in solving this problem.
Let’s try to understand what can conceivably cause in Battlefield 4 game launch troubles before addressing the fixes.
Why can’t I launch Battlefield 4?
The following are some potential reasons why Battlefield 4 could not launch on your PC:
- Possible causes of the launch issue include a lack of necessary administrator privileges to execute the game. If the situation applies, you can try running the Origin game launcher and the game as an administrator to resolve the problem.
- The current problem may possibly be made worse by outdated graphics drivers. Therefore, check to see if your system has the most recent graphics drivers before attempting to launch the game.
- According to some sources, the in-game overlay function in Origin might be the root of the Battlefield 4 game’s launch troubles. To solve the issue, consider turning off Origin’s in-game overlay feature.
- Another potential cause of the same problem is a corrupt save file. Whether the situation applies, disable Origin’s cloud storage option, and then check to see if you can start the game.
- A faulty game installation may possibly be the root of the problem. Therefore, try reinstalling the game and see if that fixes the problem.
There may be several additional causes for your inability to start the game. In any event, you may launch the game without any issues by simply applying the patches that we have listed in this article.
How to Fix Battlefield 4 Not Launching on a Windows 10 PC?
Verify the System Requirements.
Consider reviewing your PC’s system requirements if Battlefield 4 won’t launch. Your PC should be able to run Battlefield 4 and meet the following minimal requirements.
Minimum System Requirements
|OS||Windows 10 64-bit|
|CPU||Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz, AMD Athlon X2 2.8 GHz or better|
|GPU||512 MB AMD Radeon HD 3870 / NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT or better|
You should evaluate these hardware specifications against your computer. You must check your personal PC’s specifications for that. Take these actions.
- When you right-click the start button, select System.
- The system requirements for your PC are displayed here.
As an alternative, you can install Speccy on your computer. It is a hardware system monitor that shows all the PC’s specifications in a single window.
Modify the Game’s Settings.
Many forum users advised modifying the game properties on the Origin client to prevent Battlefield 4 from launching.
Take these actions:
- Navigate to My Game Library in Origin.
- Game Properties can be accessed by right clicking the game icon.
- Go to the Advanced Launch Options tab in the game’s properties.
- Choose Battlefield 4 x86 in this tab, then click Save Relaunch Origin client (run it as Administrator)
- Analyse the game.
Fix the Game File.
Because the game files are either missing or corrupted, users occasionally get the Battlefield 4 not launching on PC problem. Therefore, you’ll need to fix the game files before attempting anything more difficult.
Take these actions:
- In Origin, click My Game Library.
- right-click Battlefield 4
- Select Repair Game.
Wait for the procedure to finish, then reopen the game to ensure that it is functioning properly.
Graphics Driver Update.
Battlefield 4 won’t start on your PC if your graphics driver is broken or damaged. To resolve this problem, you must update the graphics driver. There are two ways to update GPU drivers: manually and automatically.
Technique No. 1: For this method, you must manually upgrade the graphics driver from the manufacturer’s website using the device management tool that is a part of Windows 10.
- To open Device Manager, press Windows + R and type devmgmt.msc.
- To expand it after it opens, select the Display Adapter tab.
- Update Driver can be selected by doing a right-click on the graphics card.
- Select Find Driver Automatically.
- obey the guidance provided on the screen
Technique 2: This approach is quicker, simpler, and doesn’t call for PC expertise. All you need to do is download Driver Easy, a tool for updating PC drivers. Run it, and it will update and scan all your drivers.
Install Battlefield 4 again.
Sometimes the simplest techniques turn out to be more effective. You should attempt a PC reinstall of Battlefield 4. Perhaps there are irreparably damaged files.
Taking these actions.
- Select My Game Library when Origin is open.
- Select Uninstall by doing a right-click on the Battlefield 4 tile in the list.
- Reinstall the game from Origin after removing it.
- Make sure all traces of BF4 have been deleted from the PC before reinstalling it. Check to see if the Battlefield 4 not launching issue has been fixed now.
Modification of Origin Offline/Online.
Setting Origin to offline mode and launching Battlefield 4 once that way has also proven to be effective for some players. This is how:
- Launch Origin, and then choose Go Offline from the Origin menu.
- Activate Battlefield 4 in this situation.
- Switch windows to the Origin menu and click Go online after the menu indicates that you are offline.
Go back to the game and attempt to launch it once more.
Renaming the Game’s File.
For many customers, the problem with Battlefield 4 not launching was resolved by altering the game’s filename. Take these actions:
- Launch the Battlefield 4 installation folder.
- If the game was installed by default, go to My Computer > Local Disk C > Program Files > EA Games folder, and then open it.
- Open the Battlefield 4 folder and give it a new name that only contains Battlefield, deleting the TM.
Try starting the game now to see if it runs properly.